i’d have to say that if i didn’t include "rory gilmore” on to my list of people who have inspired me i’d be a total liar. a liar with a side of liar sauce. i might even be bold enough to say that i’d even be drinking a liar milkshake alongside my liar sauce.
being that she was my only friend that i spoke to on a regular basis my senior year of high school, rory gilmore has taught me a lot about the art of goal-making.
don’t ask questions.
seeing that twenty is kind of a weird, in-limbo sort of age i felt compelled to make a list of goals i’d like to accomplish by the time i turn twenty one on march 7th, 2012 in order to spice up my borderline type-rory-gilmore-esque existence:
1. re-develop my sense of style. and stop succumbing to hipstery, despite it being oh so very much easier to do so.
2. save $1000. all by myself. then take a jog around my neighborhood and high five everyone i see (i’m one paycheck away from this goal! wee!)
3. take more dance classes.
4. host an entirely vegan dinner party. complete with classy outfits and bubbly drinks.
5.volunteer with either the girl scouts or at a local animal shelter.
6.figure out what my hair wants to do. actually use some sort of product/tools besides my pillow (true story. i only use the magic properties of my pillow while sleeping to style my hair.)
7. explore the south more. go to charleston/asheville/savannah and realize that my homeland is a lot more than cheerwine and muddin’.
8. go skinny dipping (!)
9. sing in public.
10. visit at least 5 more libraries on my list of “libraries to see before i keel over”.
11. get a better job. hopefully at a bookstore, a library, or a place that lets me call making cupcakes a job (!)
12. act in at least one musical and one play.
13. fill my year twenty journal.
14. attend a service at a mormon temple.
15. edit the novel i wrote when i was a first year in college. like, seriously. that thing needs to be edited.
16. take a trapeze class.
17. tutor myself in french.
18. fill a room with balloons from floor to ceiling.
19. let my hair grow out past my shoulders. (patience, mackenzie. patience!)
20. visit some blog friends.
21. be a better pen pal to my austrian, german, italian, and northern californian pen pals. (bad mackenzie.bad!)